Saturday, March 16, 2013

CHINA- CIXI ZHEJIANG

There is not much to see in Cixi, in fact there is nothing to see but if you find yourself there then stay at the
HANGZHOU BAY HOTEL
ADD; NO 301 Sishan Road, Cixi, Zhejiang, P.R.C.
TEL; 0574-63914888.
WWW.HANGZHOUBAYHOTEL.COM
It's a japanese style hotel with 4 floors.

There is a Western style buffet and breakfast area off the lobby. It seemed more Western China than Western to me. I had to do the rounds a few times before I found something to eat. The sushi did not look that fresh. I finally went for the roast chicken with old roasted potatoes. The table next to me munched on starfish, yuck! The maitre d', Jacky, was very attentive and insisted that I try an espresso from his new coffee machine.

The hallways are well lit.


The rooms are small but very nicely laid out. I like how the vanity wall is not solid which makes the bathroom area less claustrophobic.



The bed was very comfortable with a big wall TV. HBO was free but you had to pay for CNN access. Free internet access is always a plus.

There is a Japanese style bathtub near the window which looked nice but is a waste of space.


All the rooms have balconies which look onto a lovely inner courtyard.




If you like going to the gym then this hotel has an issue. The gym does not open until 2pm and when it does open it is a little crammed but I still managed to get a good work out in. Forget the pool it is a kidney shape and tiny. The hotel did offer free bikes to guests but I did not use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment